I have Two Servers one for SharePoint 2016 Farm and the other for SQL Database. One of the users called me and told me that the Search is not working! when I checked the service its started but when I checked Search Topology its EMPTY!
so I start troubleshooting with no success! i decided to delete the service and recreate it again! I couldn't delete it from central administration but I managed by STSADM.EXE. when I tried to recreate the service, it keep in process for long time and ending with error TIME OUT
I tried to create another service like access service to check. got the same result! I got the same from both sides Central Administration and Powershell!
Also, tried to recreate services from CONFIGURATION WIZARD. got the same result!
Note: tried to created subsite in the site collection which has its own content database and created successfully with no errors.
correlation ID errors
Other Errors got from log
what I did for troubleshooting
- restart both servers
- cleared SPTimer configuration cache
- Cleared History Jobs
- Repair SharePoint product
- installed sharepoint configuration in powershell "PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures"
- checked all service, service application pools, database content by the Powershell and all good!
tried to give user profile service pool admin account in configure service accounts page. when i clicked ok it kept loading for half an hour and got the same error after.