There might be multiple possible way for achieving this, but here I am sharing what I will do if I have to achieve this requirement.
- I will go with JSOM/REST API to fetch the data from list/ multiple
- Write all the business logics to fetch the data into a separate JS
file. In short, prepare datasource here.
- Upload that JS file in
Style Library/Site Assets/Document Library
wherever I want.
- Create a new html page and provide the reference of JS on that page
- Create a new SharePoint page in Site Pages.
- Edit the page from browser
- Add Content Editor WebPart
- Provide the reference of HTML file in the Content Editor WebPart
And you will get the data displayed on the page. And if you want this as a dashboard, then set it as a Welcome page for the site so that it can be opened when someone one the site.
let me know if you find any missing information or you need some more clarification.
If you don't want to use Content Editor WebPart then just follow the steps:
- Activate the Publishing Features for SharePoint site.
- It will create
Pages Library automatically.
- Create page in the Page library.
- Edit this page from SharePoint Designer.
- Keep your entire business logic here as you are working with HTML
Note: Here you can reference your JS file directly into the page. Here you will not need any other HTML page.