I have installed SP2013 / Workflow Manager in a 4 server farm following a deployment pattern from series of videos at the following URL - "...technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn201724..."
The installation / configuration steps are consistent with those detailed at "...blog.devoworx.net/2016/05/06/install-and-configure-workflow-manager-for-sharepoint-2013/..."
- The AD / DNS Server is up and properly configured,
- The SQL Server 2014 setup is configured and running,
- The SharePoint 2013 platform is installed and the Farm is configured, under Central Administration I can see / create Sites
The Workflow Manager is installed and I can access the URL on the local WF server
Here is where things break down... The steps for Install and configure workflow for SharePoint Server 2013 on the above URLs as well as here "msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj658588", All indicate the following steps as a requirement -
To configure Workflow Manager on a server that is part of the SharePoint 2013 farm and on which communication takes place by using HTTP
- Log on to the computer in the SharePoint Server 2013 farm where Workflow Manager was installed.
- Open the SharePoint Management Shell as an administrator. This is accomplished by right-clicking the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell and choosing Run as administrator.
- Run the Register-SPWorkflowService cmdlet.
The problem is that the Workflow Server does not have the SharePoint Management Shell installed... I have tried to use PowerShell to include the PSSnapin based on a reference from my research but there is an issue that arises here as well... Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
PS C:\Windows\system32> Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Sharepoint.Powershell
How can I complete the install or how can I get the SharePoint Management Shell installed on the Workflow Server? I appreciate in advance any/all suggestions/guidance/assistance. Oh, did I mention that I am not a Server Administrator so please bear with me and my neediness... Joemac