Is there an easy way to for a user to choose modern page as a home page on a team site?
- I've created a modern team site (O365 group) and was able to choose a classic wiki page as a home page using a button in the ribbon. But there is no such button on modern pages. That sounds like a huge drawback.
While writing the question, I've realized we can use this method:
- Activate Reporting feature (site collection)
- Activate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure Feature (site collection)
- Activate SharePoint Server Publishing feature (site level)
- "Welcome page" will appear in site settings. Use it to choose any URL for a home page.
I guess, we can also do it via CSOM:
var ctx = web.Context; var rootFolder = web.RootFolder; rootFolder.WelcomePage = "/SitePages/newHome.aspx"; rootFolder.Update(); ctx.ExecuteQuery();
But is there any other easy way for common users to do it themselves? Something like a button in the ribbon would would be great. Am I missing something?