- Created Document Library
- Created Content Type with Document as Parent at the top level.
- Added custom content type to Doc Library.
- Created/uploaded word document template (started from SP default template).
- Library is not using check out or versioning.
- I am the site collection admin, full control of library, and creator of documents so I don't believe it is a permissions issue.
When a new document is created and uploaded using the template it will not show in the library search box. If searched for using the site search it will find the .aspx page with a web part displaying the document, but again not the document itself.
If a document is upload that was not created using the template all search functions work as expected (custom content type used in both cases).
I do not have access to central admin. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.