I am working on a new list inside my team site collection. Now the list have the following main fields:-
- Customer Name. which is a managed metadata column.
- PM Status column. drop-down list.
- Approver. which is also a drop-down list.
- other columns...
now our customer asked us to implement the following inside the list:-
- based on the customer name field selection, to query a Security Group which have the same name as the customer selected.
- then populate the Approver list with the returned users.
- Also another requirement. if the Status = Cancelled or closed. to disable the Approver field.
but for our
edit.aspx list forms, i am not sure how i will be handling this..
now i want to start implementing this scenario, but not sure if it is a valid appraoch:-
- inside the
edit.aspxlist forms to add a script editor web part.
- For example. i checked the built-in markup for the
create.aspxform, where it showed that the customer name metadata field will have the following id
CustomerName_$containereditableRegionas follow:- while the status have the following id
PMStatus_7d7b4035-d3e4-468e-8894-29905e54b35f_$DropDownChoiceand title, as follow:-
$("CustomerName_$containereditableRegion").change will always work?