I created a page layout for the "Design Administration" in Site Settings, and it generates two files (.aspx and .html). I modify my .html with sections (div) but when I try to put a web part zone shows the following error:
You should not put server side tags directly onto .html design file. Yo should follow below steps to get the snippet for web part zone
- Go to design manager -Click "Edit Page Layouts" from the links in left side of page
- Click on your page layout.
- Click on "Snippets" on top right corner of page
- From the ribbon you should select the "Web part zone"
- You will get the snippet from the "HTML snippet" box.
- You can paste this into your html design template.
- Save the file. it will create a zone.
Below are reference links for page layout which tell you how to use page layouts and snippets