SP2013 Two Tier Farm. A Little bit of an outage this morning which caused a few VM's to drop storage. Had to restore storage and bring servers back online.
SP came back up fine, however; ever since then, the User Profile Service has been unhappy. It won't complete a sync, incremental or full.
Event viewer is full of error messages relating to "FIMSyncronizationService ERROR"
Brief text from event viewer error:
The extensible extension returned an unsupported error. The stack trace is:
"System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileException: Exception while trying to migrate account 'DOMAINNAME\USERNAME' to 'LONGERDOMAINNAME\USERNAME'. ---> Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The user does not exist or is not unique. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The user does not exist or is not unique.0x81020054
I have tried all of the basics:
- Deleting and restoring AD Sync Connection
- Running full search crawl of the mysites
- I did all the above again but via Powershell.
My next step is to "nuke" the UPS App and nuke mysites, to rebuild it again. But that'd be a days work and downtime, not ideal.