One of the topics which i could not find relevant documentation about, is if the relation between a Site column and its child list column can be break if i do certain customization for the column at the list level. now i have farms with the following versions:-
- SharePoint on-premise 2013
- SharePoint on-premise 2016
- Office 365
And i tried doing those modifications at list level for a column:-
- change the list column from being optional to required
- chnage the list column name.
- i even try to chnage the column type at list level.for example i change the column from being of type "Choice" to "Single line".
but regardless of the above 3 modifications, when i edit the column at site level and i chose to update all the underlying list columns,, then the changes i made at the list level for the column will be overridden.. so can i conclude that in SP 2013, SP2016 & office 365 the relation between the site column and its child list columns will not be broken regardless of the modification i make to the column at the list level ?? or there are certain customization if i do to the column at the list level will break the relation with its site column ??