I have displayed some SQL data in MOSS 2007 with the help of Data View web part. However I wish to create a template sort of from this web part so that going forward I can just go ahead and change the connection string of sql server and the sql query to fetch data and I am done. Any ideas for doing this. If not possible, is there any out-of-box web part to get this functionality? Thanks in advance.
- Configure the webpart
- Export it to a .webpart file:
- Navigate to Site settings, and select "Webparts gallery" under Galleries category
- Upload previously saved file to the gallery:
- Specify it's name and other settings, if needed
- Navigate to a site page, switch to page edit mode, and there you will be able to add your webpart (by default, it will be under Miscellaneous category)