Seriously what's it's name? I'm getting conflicting information and it seems to be different for each platform.


if you are talking about the 3 dots then it is called ellipsis. menu.

In the below picture, you can see the 3 dots highlighted in green.

enter image description here


In short you can call "ellipsis"

  • For long, users call it "that thing next to the document name" or "the what?" or "I can't see that" or "Oh! That! What is that?" – Underverse Jan 5 '18 at 0:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.