I am facing issues with a newly created SharePoint 2016 environment. The farm has 1 WFE, 1 app server, 1 search and 1 SQL server. All servers have 16-20 GB RAM. SharePoint 2016 install is complete and the product and config wizard has been run on all servers except the SQL server. Now I am at the step of creating service applications. The issues faced are:
- Service applications created through UI are taking a very long time to create(30 mins from UI and over 2 hours from powershell)
- The completion results in a ‘Request timeout error’ / and results in a partially created service application. Usually it doesn’t create the proxy and is the SA is stuck in starting state.
- Timeout occurs in the case of Deleting these applications as well hence I have to you the deleteconfiguration stsadm command to delete them and then delete the SA Database manually.
- one of the timer jobs 'UserProfileApplicationProxy - Unified Group Processing High Performance Job' keeps failing
Service applications that I have tried to create causing issues:
- Managed metadata service application
- Usage and health data Collection Service application
- User profile service application
- Search service application
Resolutions tried: 1. IISRESET 2. Clearing timer job cache 3. Manually creating service applications and proxies using PowerShell and provisioning them. 4. Increasing shutdown time on the application pool for central admin in IIS 5. Installing updates(if any) and running products and config wizard again
I created a Web application and site collection and both of those got created in under 5 minutes.
Could anyone please tell me what may be the reason for the timeouts and why my service applications are breaking?