I am working on sharepoint server 2013 on-premise, and i have the following requirement:-
we want to create a new list which have 15 department items. such as HR,Finance,IT, etc.
and for each department we want to enter the number of employees who left the department for each month.
now each department have its own KPI about the maximum number of employees which have to leave each month.
depending on each department KPI the list item will have green, yellow or RED color. for example if the number of employees who left the HR dept is 3 then the item should be red colored.while for the fiance if the number of 5 then it will be red colored and so on...
so i am thinking of following these steps to achieve the above requirements:-
to create a new list, with the following fields:-
- Department Name.
- add 12 fields represents the Months. Such as January, Feb, March , etc...
- so in this case for each department we will have 12 fields to enter the number of employees who left the department at that month.
- Description. This field describe the latest number entered for each dept item.
now the issue i am asking about is how i can represents the data, so for each department it will show the number of employees who left at the current month, and color the item based on each department KPI. also i want to add "
?" symbol beside each department name, and when user hover over the "
?" it will show the item Description field.
now the first thin which came to my mind is to do the following:-
- to write a java-script which integrate with the list using REST API.
- where i can retrieve the related data for each department and color it accordingly.
- then inside my site home page >> i can add a code snippet web part >>reference the javascrpt.
so can anyone adivce if my above appraoch sound valid ? or i should be looking to create this using JSLINK or create an APP.... i am confused on which appraoch i should/preferred to follow and why ?