We have SharePoint 2007 installed. We are facing issue in central admin when we try to do any operation related to web applications.
Below are the issues noticed:
• When we tried to change web application in right dropdown (in content database, Manage web application features etc. ) we get a blank page.
• We will get ‘The web page can not be found’ (404) error when we click on Web application in Web Application List.
Steps tried to fix the above issues :
• Restarted the below services
Windows SharePoint Services Administration
Windows SharePoint Services Timer
Windows SharePoint Services Tracing
Windows SharePoint Services VSS Writer
• Ran the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration wizard and restarted the server.
• Cleared the cache present in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config
• Checked is there any orphan entry present in Content databases by using the STSADM commands (where result showed no orphan entry present)