This is my first attempted to alter a display template so please bear with me, I am not a developer but I believe I have obtained most of what I need to know. To start off I have a custom list.
Title - Single Line of text Doc-Description (SORRY Very BAD COLUMN NAME this is a list) - Rich Text field ( I filled this out and used a bulleted list)
- Did a full Crawl
- Added A managed Property Doc-Description which maps to my crawled Property ows-DocDescription
- Did a Full Crawl
- Used SharePoint Search Query Tool and Verified I can pull the one item in the list and the Doc-Description is populated but with plan text (Crammed all my text together from the list)
- Copied the Picture3Lines.html Item display template
- Renamed it to Custom_Picture3Lines.html
- Assigned my Content Search part to use this template under Item.
- Under content I am using the list display template.
_#= STSHtmlDecode(line3.value) =#_in the html on line 3 and it only displays the text with no HTML added to it. I have tried every variation I can find in every blog and I still just get the plan text with no html. Here is what I currently have.
Line 3 is assigned to display Doc-Description.
Here is the code from the HTML.
<div id="_#= line3Id =#_" >_#= STSHtmlDecode(line3.value) =#_</div>
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.