We have currently upgraded some PC's/Laptops from Office 2013/Windows 2007 to Office 2016/Windows 10, we are now experiencing, with those users, not being able to check out/edit files in Office 2016 that are opened from SharePoint 2013. The file opens up in the client but with a yellow label with the option to Edit the Document. If the users click "Edit Document" they get the error below.
SharePoint 2013 - Current Build 15.0.4893.1000 (January 2017) - Production Enviornment (No Dev)
- Cleared Cache on Office Web Apps Server & All SharePoint Servers with IISReset
- Checked Server & SharePoint logs, with no mention of the error occurring
- Office 2016/Windows 10 install are fresh installs
- Verified users access and ability to check out and edit
- Verified users can check out and edit in the browser
- Checked Event logs on the local PC and no errors were found