I have created a survey for this i need to send an email to a group when new response is added. can anyone help how to do this.
You can follow this steps to send email on survey response.
- You create a designer workflow to send email on Survey list.
- Open the Site in Designer and go to workflow section
- Select List workflow in that choose your survey list
- Designer create a workflow editor to write the actions
- Select the "Send an Email" action in that workflow action as shown in picture
- Select To in that email window, you can choose a user or a SharePoint group
- you can also specify CC users or groups it is optional, Subject and body of email also you can specify in that editor.
- Save the workflow and go to workflow settings
- deselect "Workflow manually started" and select "start workflow automatically when an item is created" and changed also if required.
- Click on publish work flow in top ribbon.
you can receive email when a survey is responded..
This has worked from me, however I'm Site Admin so I'm not sure if this will work for those with Full Control(Owners) although it should. This is also in the SharePoint 2013 environment with a SharePoint 2010 workflow.
With Designer go into your workflow and create a Impersonation step. Move the email step into this. Also mark it to start when an Item is created. (I created a whole separate workflow for when an item is edited using the same steps). Remove the regular empty step. I've set everything back so that users can only read/edit their own items. Emails have come through fine now.