I am quite new to SharePoint administration. On our production environment (1App server, 1 Web server and database on another server) the User Profile Synchronization service is not running. I tried to run the incremental sync explicitly. However in 2 seconds it fails. I gives error message 'Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))'
Kindly let know what i am missing / doing incorrect.
I checked this post but didn't understood it enter link description here
I looked at ULS for more details and fond below error message
The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileImportJob (ID f26917a0-d30c-4187-b523-8f41f49c3fc0) threw an exception. More information is included below. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
The user account used in Profile sync config is 'sp_admin'
Also the service was previously running correctly. Has started failing since last few days.