This issue started when we were going to reroute our main site (web app) to a new domain. It didn't on my end so I tried to pull it back - recalling and extending the header, changing bindings, checking permissions, everything but here is where I am now.
I cannot access main web app and the error according to the IIS log is
ModuleName SPRequestModule Notification RESOLVE_REQUEST_CACHE HttpStatus 403 HttpReason Forbidden HttpSubStatus 0 ErrorCode The operation completed successfully. (0x0)
I cannot access Central Admin outside of the server on which it is hosted (from the Central Admin link) and the error according to the IIS log is
ModuleName WindowsAuthenticationModule Notification AUTHENTICATE_REQUEST HttpStatus 401 HttpReason Unauthorized HttpSubStatus 1 ErrorCode No credentials are available in the security package
I can't even delete the web apps to start over, because I get
ModuleName ManagedPipelineHandler Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER HttpStatus 403 HttpReason Forbidden HttpSubStatus 0 ErrorCode The operation completed successfully. (0x0)
I want to set the whole thing on fire. Here is what I have eliminated - it is not SQL and it is not permissions, I have opened up permissions wide and still getting the same error.