I receive the message "could not save the list changes to the server" every time I try to add a new form to my list in Sharepoint Designer 2013.
It happens regardless of the form type.
I've tried the following:
- Removed and re-added the list to the site collection, then reopened the site in Designer to try again
- Done the above after deleting all lists, and then deleting from both recycle bin views on the site
- Restarted the server
None of the above helped so did the following:
- As the lists contained custom site-columns, I deleted all lists from the site (including recycle bin)
- Created a new list with text field: title
- Re-opened the site in Designer and tried again. Same error.
UPDATE - tried the following also: - Deleted the site collection entirely - custom columns and all. - Created a new site collection and added a list with the basic site-columns - tried to add a form - Problem perists - same error
I've looked over the following similar questions:
Could not save the list changes to the server. In this case the issue was special characters in site column names coupled with 20k+ rows in a SQL server table. The latter probably doesn't apply as I'm dealing with a new installation and have no special chars in my custom site column names
Could not save list changes to server (2013). This appears to refer to Sharepoint Online
Points to note:
- In Sharepoint Designer, when prompted for credentials, I'm entering the details of a site-collection administrator.
- I have some custom site-columns defined in the site collection. No special chars in the names and all are standard enough datatypes (money, date, text)
- The problem does not occur when adding a view to a list.
I'm relatively new to Sharepoint, so might be missing something here. Any help appreciated.