i'm tryin to build a lab farm where a sharepoint 2013 server will use a mirrored database. I read lots of stuff but i'm still not sure about the correct installation path. I would roughly proceed the following way:
- Install SQL principal instance
- Install SQL mirror instance
- Install SQL witness instance (still no sql mirroring configuration done at this point)
- Install SP pointing to the principal server as it was the only existing db (better create a sql alias first pointing to the principal and install SP using the alias?)
- Copy all the system and sp databases to mirror and setup all the mirroring thing
- Configure failover instance on Sharepoint
Does it make sense? do i forget something ? any help will be greatly appreciated!