I am working on a sharepoint enterprise server 2013. and i have a team site collection, with the following business case:-
- Currently the site collection contain 10 sub-sites.
- All these sub-sites are being created based on a site template which i have created (i create a base sub-site and save it as a template).
- Each sub site have 4 tracking lists.
- Each tracking list is based on a separate site content type.
- Each tracking list have a list workflow assign to it.
- I created the list workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 , based on workflow 2010.
The disadvantage in my case is:-
If I want to update a certain list workflow, such as adding a new action for sending email, then i have to go to the site template & to the 10++ sub-sites and manually update the related list workflows.
Now can I achieve this, inside SharepPoint:-
- Can I create 4 reusable workflows at the root site; one workflow for each list(since i have 4 lists inside my site template).
- Publish the reusable workflows as global workflows
- Then somehow link each global workflow with its related list inside my site template.
- After that when i create a new sub-site based on the template, the 4 tracking lists will mainly reference the global workflow, and not its own list workflow.
- in this case if i want to add a new action inside my workflow,, i will simple update the global workflow and have the effect on all the underlying sub-sites??
so is this scenario supported in SharePoint?