I want to add an Advance Search Page to my live site collection inside sharepoint 2013.but on our live web application , i did not create an Enterprise Search Center site collection. so i did the following steps:-
- Inside our test sharepoint, i added a new site collection of type "Enterprise Search Center".
- I navigate to "Site content">>"Pages">>"
- edit the "
Advance.aspx" page , export the related web part.save it my PC.
- then on live sharepoint environment. i uploaded the exported web part from "Site setting2>>"Web Parts".
- after that i modify the home page for our live site collection.
- add the uploaded web part.
- so now i got the advance search web part inside my live site collection, without the need to create the Enterprise Search Center site collection.as follow:-
- now by default the advance search web part on live will redirect to
results.aspxwhich does not exists on live site collection.
- so on the live web part, i edit the web part change the Result URL from
- i did a test and seems everything is working well.
but i am not sure if the above steps are valid ? i mean i am using the Advance Search capabilities on live , without creating a dedicated Enterprise Search Center site collection?? Thanks