Every site in the collection is now read-only. I can still change settings in the central admin site but am unsure what has changed.
This affects everyone, users with write permission, even site administrators.
I've checked non of the service accounts have expired passwords, the SQL permissions are OK, even adding new users to Windows and assigning them to the SharePoint users group does not allow access when it should.
We have a single server running one site collection with about 8 sites and the central admin site.
I'm not sure if this is down to the cock up with the August CU and SP1 install thats just happened. I've now got SP1 on and the
I'm not a full time SharePoint admin either, its defiantly part time.
EDIT: Sorry, yes the databases were not set to read only, what I should have said is that the correct service accounts are allocated to the correct databases & content databases