I have created a Microsoft project on my local PC and trying to publish it on SharePoint PWA. If I create a project with normal/simple project template then there is an option foto publish it on SharePoint But When I create a project with any other project template the publish option is faded out.
Based on your question ,
You opened Microsoft Project > connect to server select the blank project template and in this case, you can find the Publish button.
But if you have selected another template like commercial ...etc , you can't find the Publish button.
This is because The selected templated is not saved to project server
So if you need to use another template you should first publish it to project server as EnterPrise template by doing the following :
- Open Microsoft Project.
- At login > at Profile > select the URL of Project Server, not computer.
- Now Select your favorite template like software development.
- From File Menu > click Save as.
- In Save > in type > select template.
- Now close , and open Microsoft Project again, and select from
Enterprise tabyour project template that you have already saved.
- Now you will see the publish button activated.