I am facing this strange scenario inside my sharepoint 2013 online.
Now i want to create a new discussion list , but i want to hide the Question checkbox column. to do so i follow the recommended appraoch , to not apply any changes to the built-in CTs. so i follow these steps:-
- inside the site settings.
- i created a new site content type, and i chose the built-in Discussion CT, as its parent.
- then i tried to set the Question column as hidden inside the new CT.
- but seems the options was disabled.
- so using SharePoint designer , i set the Question column as hidden inside the new CT.
- now i create a new Discussion list, and i add the new custom CT to the list, and then i remove the built-in
DiscussionCT from the list.
- so what i really did is that i should get the same discussion items, but without the question field included.
- but the problem is that when i try creating a new discussion item, i got only the body field as follow (where the subject field is not shown):-
so i am not sure what is going on ??