What are the use cases or scenarios where you would choose one of these 3 : Yammer, Office groups , MS Teams. I know its kind of early stage of adoption , but is there anyone who has implemented this effectively in their intranet and would like to share some key things regarding this.
The question is really a Yammer group vs an Office group.
And for all intents and purposes, an Office group is superior to a Yammer group. You have more functionality (Yammer or outlook for conversations, file storage, Planner, Power BI, Teams, OneNote) versus what Yammer offers.
For our company, the factors that we took into account to choose between Yammer and Teams, are as follow,
- Sharing Files. We have a hard time in sharing files in Yammer but Teams is integrated with SharePoint Libraries.
- Cost: Yammer is free for external users. For Teams, you need to pay for each member as of now.
- Planner: In Teams you could use Planner for tasks management. It's like Trello and is friendly.
- Rich Text Formatting is supported on Temas. You can bold or color your text. It's a good method to empahsize important stuff.
- Tagging are more friendly on Yammer.
And more factors that I explained in detail in my Yammer vs Microsoft Teams Blog. Eventually, we ended up choosing Teams.