I have a list of promoted links (tiles), around 60, and depending on the AD Group a user is associated with, he/she will have access to just one area (so one promoted link will work for him) and not others. However, when the person gets to the landing page, ALL of the promoted links are shown and if the user clicks on a link that he has no access to, then he'll get a message saying he has no access. This is bad design since if the person doesn't know where he has access, he has to keep clicking until he finds the right tile. I'm just trying to display what he/she is supposed to see. How could I achieve this?
You can achieve this by setting the user/group permission on the list item level in the
Promoted list as the following :
- Go to site contents > open your list > click on
All Promoted Linksview
- Now the items should be shown like all items normal list.
- Select the items that you need to show for a specific people.
- From the above ribbon > Item tab > select
- Click on Advanced to open permission settings for this list item.
- Stop Inheriting permission , and set only the users and group that you need to show this link.
Now the links should be shown only based on the user item permission.