We are using a new subsite as a pilot for rolling out (or allowing the option) of using the New Experience that MS has come up with; this is working fine for the few starter lists when we created the site. Fast-forward a few weeks and they need a new reference list, except the new experience list setting isn't available or even displayed on the advanced settings page. Oddly enough, the new experience seems to be working fine for Site Contents and Document Libraries... its only the Custom Lists that have lost the ability to switch In/Out of the New Experience.
If anyone has any advice on where to go next, I've tried the following:
- Toggle Off/On the Tenant setting
- JSOM - List.set_ListExperienceOptions (no errors, but doesn't update list)
- Cleared cache and tried on IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. All the same behavior.
- Our sites DO have Publishing enabled, which I've seen can interfere... although it was enabled from the beginning.
- I've also tested on a site collection that never had Publishing enabled, cannot do New Experience Lists there either.
- It may be worth noting the setting is also missing for lists that currently use the New Experience.