I have the following alternate access mapping & zone settings for our SharePoint 2013 web application, :-
So mainly we can access our web application using both:-
- Default zone using this url
- Intranet zone using this url
Also inside our search service both urls are defined inside the crawling URL , as follow:-
Now I faced this problem inside my content search webparts, which I am not sure if it is related to the face that I am crawling 2 urls for my web application (default & intranet zones), the problem description is as follow:-
- I added a new content search web part inside my site collection home page.
- The content search web part will show all the items from all the site collections, which have their
- Now when I access the web part from the default zone
http;//sps01/I found duplicate items being shown. one occurrence for the item will have the default zone url inside it, while the other occurrence for the same item will have the intranet zone url inside it.
- But if I access the web part from the intranet zone, only items with the Intranet zone url will be shown (no duplicates), but the number of results inside the CSWP will be wrong. I mean by the number of results is that I define to show 10 items per page , but I will get only 5 items per page.so seems the search will return duplicate but the webpart for a reason or another will only show the items with the intranet zone URL.
So can anyone advice, if I need to define both urls for the web application inside the search service? If the answer is Yes then is this the reason I am getting duplicate results inside the content search web part. baring in mind that if I use the search box I will not get any duplicates, unlike what I get inside the content search web part. Thanks