I am working on deploying an event receiver inside my sharepoint 2013 sites using visual Studio. now i deploy the farm solution using visual studio successfully. Then i wanted to remove the farm solution completely. so i login to the sharepoint hosting server and i run the following command:
Remove-SPSolution -identity "cmorit_2.wsp" -force
the command completed without any problem. and the solution disappear from "Central Administration >> System settings>> Manage Farm solutions". so i thought everything is fine.
but i am facing these 2 problems:-
- the feature name are still showing inside my site collections "manage site features" section, and i can active it , as shown below:-
- also i did some modifications to the event receiver inside Visual Studio and i deploy it again , but i got this error :-
Error 1 Error occurred in deployment step 'Add Solution': A feature with ID 15/ac3d38f9-49f6-4638-a65b-d15a8bbe40c2 has already been installed in this farm. Use the force attribute to explicitly re-install the feature. 0 0 CMorIT-2
so did the Remove-SPSolution actually remove the SPSolution!! as seems it is still their .