I have a web application with a site collection on it for the intranet. I am using SP2016.
http://intranet/ (root of app/site collection)
http://intranet.mydomain.com/ (root of app/site collection)
If I try to access the root of the web app(using either of the above URLs), I get the following error:
"Sorry, this site hasn't been shared with you."
However, if I type in any of the urls below, the page resolves and displays fine (mostly - more about that in a second).
- http://intranet/departments/ (subsite) - http://intranet/pages/home.aspx (direct page) - http://intranet:33333/ (different web app) - http://intranet/_layouts/settings.aspx (settings page of home site)
Essentially, all of the symptoms this person was having. However, since I do not have enough rep points, I cannot comment on that post -- and it does not seem to be resolved.
Things I've tried/checked:
- I am a Farm admin, site collection admin, and have full control within the site permissions.
- The network in the browser shows a 302 (redirect) then all 200s on resources needed to render the "Sorry"page.
- I have compared of the IIS settings of the :33333 web app mentioned above to the :80 web app, and it all matches.
- In central admin, I have two internal URLs under Alternate access mappings:
- Neither one of the two urls listed above works.