I have a blocking issue on SP 2013 (yes, I know we are now on the edge of SP2016, but that was a customer's choice...)
What do we want :
We would like to create 3 site templates (using team site, project site and another team site, all of them with several settings.)
And we would like our custom appearance to be deployed on every sub-site even the sites created with site templates.
What do we do :
- Create a site collection with the higher site having the good settings.
- Create a site template from this site collection
- Activate the Site Collection feature "SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" to be able to import an extern design package
- Precisions : the design package contains style library's css/js/img/fonts folders, custom master pages, and composed looks. The customer wants to be able to choose between 3 masterpages and 6 colors for each, so we created composed to be quicker to choose.
- Import and apply the design package (In Solutions, the design package is activated)
- Create a subsite of this site collection using the site template created in step 2.
What is happening :
The subsite is well created and the content is good and well placed. BUT the design package do not apply. And if i go to "Change the Look", only the standard looks appear, and not my custom ones. I know that you can herit the master page from the parent by going to Site settings > Aspect > Master page and then choose "herit from the parent site's master page", but this is not what we want. We want the subsite to herit the design package (with every master page, spcolor, spfont, composed look etc...) from the parent site. Because we have several possible masterpages and composed looks in it and we want the customer to be able to chose between them.
So, can you help me on how to herit the design package from the parent ?
Thanks a lot for your effort and time !
Have a nice day ;)