How many and what are the steps that config wizard go through after installing patch....?any one can please generalise this?
The Configuration Wizard (aka PSConfig) does the following steps:
- Initialize SharePoint products and technologies configuration
- Create Configuration database.
- Install help collections
- Secure SharePoint resources
- Register SharePoint Services (install)
- Register SharePoint features (install)
- Provision Central Administration Web application and site
- Register SharePointHealth Analysis rules (installs)
- Create sample data and provision default Web application
- Install application content files
- Finalize SharePoint product and technologies configuration
You can configure some of the steps you wish to run by parameters, when you run the Configuration Wizard through PSConfig. Further information: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263093(v=office.15).aspx (although it's titled for 2010, it's valid for 2013 as well).