I am trying to install windows SharePoint in windows server 2012. I want to know whether windows SharePoint services 3.0 will suit or just prefer me the best SharePoint version for my windows server 2012.
Windows SharePoint services 3.0 is abbreviated to
WSS that is the free version for SharePoint 2007 (
So you should be aware of the SharePoint 2007 can't be installed on Windows server 2012 ,
In this case, you can install SharePoint 2010 with Service Pack 2 on Windows server 2012 as I mentioned at Build from scratch SharePoint 2010 Server Guide?
Or install SharePoint 2013 on Windows server 2012, check the details steps at install-and-configure-sharepoint-server
This May Work:
- Step 1: Spin up a fresh VM
- Step 2: Install the roles
- Step 3: Restart the machine
- Step 4: Install .netFX 3.5
- Step 5: Reboot
- Step 6: Download the installer
- Step 7: Run the installer
- Step 8: Install Pre-requisites
- Step 9: Install SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Step 10: Pick Standalone
- Step 11: Reboot
- Step 12: Ensure services are running.
- Step 13: Run the config tool
- Step 14: Reboot the machine
- Step 15: Install SP1
- Step 16: Reboot the machine