Configured SharePoint 2013 farm with SQL server 2012 AOAG group.
When the SQL database fails over to the secondary instance . I get a message as follows
We apologize for any inconvenience, but we've made the site read only while we're making some improvements.
It seems like it is in read mode.
Is it just a warning that can be ignored or am I missing an important step during configuration.
I have configured the SQL AOAG(Always on Availability group) in Synchronous mode.
Steps so far
- Installed SharePoint binaries and configured SharePoint with SQL server
- Installed SQL on two SQL servers. Configured AOAG group with a Listener
- Configured SQL alias name for SharePoint Always configuration in Synchronous mode
- When the SQL instance on the first primary instance is stopped. The secondary SQL server automatically becomes the primary and SharePoint successfully renders but it has the message.
- In SQL the databases appear as synchronized on the primary and secondary instance.
- Manual fail-over and using fail-over wizard have the same effect as shown below
I also can see the following critical error in the ulsViewer Logs which implies it is an an read only mode
SharePoint Cannot update database on SQL Server instance SQL01. Database (....) is read/only. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. Failed to update SharePoint_Config database because the database is read-only.