Is it Possible to transfer my production SP Site content DB to Development server where both the server is bind with different AD.
Yes, It's possible , In Dev You should use the SPfarm and site admin of the current environment, no need to the same account at production.
In the Development server I can't find Production Farm Administrator and site admin
No need to use the same production service accounts, you should use the corresponding service accounts in Dev environment.
I did the following steps to migrate a content database from one environment to another that worked successfully .
First of all, you should make sure that the SharePoint Build number of Dev environment must be matched with the build number of the production environment, to make sure that check.
In production, Take a backup of the content database via SQl management Studio.
- In Dev, Create A web application , Site collection.
- In Dev, Dismount the the web application content database , via this command
- In Dev, via SQL Management Studio , Restore the content database.
- In Dev, Mount it to the created web application,
Mount-SPContentDatabase "<ContentDb>" -DatabaseServer "<DbServer>" -WebApplication http://SiteName
- In Dev, Change Site collection administrator for the web application to avoid the access permission issue. by going to site Setting > Site Collection Administrator > Set the site admin account in Dev.
For more details check Restore / Migrate a SharePoint Web Application to another farm from SQL Database Backup