Limitation number #2 and #3 mentioned by OP is not correct. Find the explanation in the last part of the answer.
REST API Limitations-Workarounds
- Nested query is not supported. Multiple REST call is workaround. See more here
$filter does not work with Calculated column. Using POST request and CAML query is workaround. See #1
$filter does not work with Multi Valued column. Using POST request and CAML query is workaround. See #1
- Term Store Management is not supported. JSOM is workaround. See example here.
- Maximum URL length is 260 in GET request. This value can be modified from web.config or Using POST request and CAML query is workaround. See #1.
- Date Time functions are not supported but it works with
/_vti_bin/listdata.svc/SpTutorial?$filter=month(SpDateTime) eq 6. See more here.
- Get Item count from filter is not supported. Using
ListData.svc is workaround. Example
_vti_bin/ListData.svc/Fruits/$count?$filter=((color eq 'red')). Find more here.
- Batch request has support on SharePoint Online , on-premise SharePoint 2016 and later
My Explanation on OP's points
#1 has workaround. #2 and #3 are not the limitation. #4 is the limitation in on-premise and online both.
You heard the right thing that default GET request length is 260. It can be modified from web.config. Another workaround you can make POST request instead of GET request to get item. In that case you will have to pass a CAML query.
ViewXml: 'CAML Query goes here'
Bulk Insert / Update / Delete operations are possible using BATCH request. See following references for making BATCH request
Part 1 - SharePoint REST API Batching - Understanding Batching Requests
Part 2 - SharePoint REST API Batching - Exploring Batch Requests, Responses and Changesets
PS: Batch request has support on SharePoint Online , on-premise SharePoint 2016 and later.
Paging and filtering is also possible in same query. You can achieve it using following operators.
/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('List Name')/Items?$filter=Status eq 'Accepted'&$top=10
You will get next page url as
__next in your response.
Find more on paging and filter here.
It is not possible in both environment (On-Premise and Online). But you can count items after getting the items.
Getting an ItemCount with filtering in SP2013 using REST api
How do I get the number of items in a list using REST?