I create reusable worflow in SharePoint designer, Everytime I modify the workflow and attach it to the library a new column for the workflow is being created. They are not even shown in library settings. Can any one help me how do I remove those old workflow columns.
There isn´t a simple way of removing old workflow status columns in SharePoint. You would have to remove them by code.
See the following urls for reference, and how to solve it:
Its not that easy, but it worked for me. Follow the steps below:
- Download SharePoint Manager to one of your SharePoint servers
- Open SharePoint Manager and then navigate to your desired list and select the field that you want to delete.
- Set "AllowDeletion" to True from drop down, which will be blank at the beginning.
- Make sure to click on save all icon.
- Open SharePoint designer, click on lists and libraries from the left navigation, click on your list, click on edit columns from the ribbon menu, click on show read-only from the ribbon menu, select the desired read only field/column that you want to delete, and then finally click delete from the ribbon menu.
- Click save from the top left of the designer.