I cannot get my Secure Store Service to work on my dev environment. I am trying to use a new external content type to render a SQL DB table in SharePoint (BDC).
When I visit Manage Service applications and Secure Store Service I am receiving the error:
Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding.
- The ribbon is greyed out.
- I am logged in as the admin account
I have tried:
- I stopped and started Secure Store Service
- I stopped and started SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool in IIS
- I went to Administrative Tools – Local Security Policy and ensured admin account has Log on as a Service and I added the admin account to Log on as a batch job
- I ran IISRESET (I rebooted the machine a few times over the course of the last 24 as well)
I checked the services:
- Claims To windows Token Service is started
- Secure Store Service is started
- PerformancePoint Service is started
I checked BDC as well:
Central Admin - Application Management - Manage Service Applications – Business Data Connectivity Service. I checked my external content type and checked object permissions. All Authenticated Users was set with all permissions checked. I set object permissions for the admin account as well.
Finally, Windows Authentication enabled and ASP.NET Impersonation enabled in IIS. I checked the web.config and it matches.
I’m not sure what more to look at. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.