SharePoint 2010, SPD 2010
We have a document library and a list, and a workflow on each. All the documents in the document library have the same naming convention of a 4-digit rep number. However, some reps have 2- or 3-digit rep numbers, so 0s are added to the front of the file name to make it 4 digits.
When a document is uploaded, a workflow runs that does the following:
- Set Content Type ID to Link to a Document
- Set Variable: Link to //serverurl[%Current Item:URL] (this contains the http: in the workflow, but I don't have enough rep to post 2+ links)
- Set Link to Variable: Link
Then, in our list, an item is created and a workflow runs to do the following:
- Set Variable: Link to Link to Financial Plan
- Set Link to Financial Plan to [%Variable: Link%]
What I am finding is in the list, any item with a file name starting with anything other than 0 creates the link just fine, but anything with a file name beginning with 0 sets the text correctly, but not the link.
Here are screenshots I gathered from the DOM Explorer:
Starts with 0:
Starts with # > 0
Why would the workflow ignore one link but not the other?