Item Deleting event receiver is getting fired when i delete a document from edit form and deleting from Ribbon . But item deleting is not getting fired when i select the list item and try deleting from the call out options ?
Could you please add some more details about your environment / code?
- Which version of SharePoint do you use (including language and patch level)?
- Is it a dev. environment (where you can debug your code) or production?
- Is it a document library or a list (there are known differences between them)? - Are you sure it is not invoked, or you simply don't see the effect you expect?
I wrote a post about such problem five years ago (see this post), it might help you to track down the issue.
Could you add an extra line at the entry point of the event receiver just to log the event into the ULS logs, comment out any other code in the method, and test it in the dev. environment?
Simply that the debugger does not catch the event does not mean for sure, that the event has not been triggered. The process responsible for the event handling (like IIS) may crash as well before handling the event (
IISRESET?), see the post of Hristo Pavlov.
got the same error a couple of months ago. It ended up with
- install SharePoint Manager 2013 on SP Server
- check whether the event receiver is bound to the list with the current version / bound correctly
In our case the receiver was bound but with a corrupt version! So obviously the event was firing but ended in nirvana without any effect. We deleted the deployed and bound event receiver by SharePoint Manager and deployed the solution again. After that the event was firing. By the way: before we came to this solution some iisreset seemed to help but only up to the point we deployed a newer version...