Here is the scenario:
- Custom WCF Service deployed in SharePoint 2010
- Site is using Claims Based authentication (FBA, NTLM)
- .svc is deployed to ISAPI in the hive
- Service is configured using custom service factory
- Service is being called from the browser using AJAX
- I am able to hit the service just fine; service is up and accepting requests
Here's the problem: SPContext.Current is always null. I know there are various techniques to "fake" an SPContext or obviously to create the SPSite and SPWeb manually, but should the SPContext.Current be null in custom WCF services when using Claims Based authentication? Or did I miss a step somewhere?
I've never run into this problem with classic mode authentication so I'm wondering if this is just something particular to WCF+SharePoint+Claims Based authentication and if there are possible workarounds.
Thanks for any insight!