I am using this great method for customising my forms, and it has been working perfectly until today.
For some reason whenever I update one of my forms (
NewFormExpert.html), it is not updating on the actual SharePoint page. I have deleted the Content Editor which points to the form (
../../SiteAssets/NewformExpert.html) and re-added it, but it is somehow still using the old form.
I have literally just made a change as simple as the following for testing this :
<tr> <td> Notes<br> <span class="hillbillyForm" data-displayName="Comments"></span> </td> </tr>
<tr> <td> TEST<br> <span class="hillbillyForm" data-displayName="Comments"></span> </td> </tr>
But when I go and use the form, that field is still entitle
Notes. This is yet another irritating anomaly by SharePoint that doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever.
Does anyone have any idea why my SharePoint site might be using some kind of old or cached version of a file in my SiteAssets? Any help is much appreciated!
Things I have already tried :
- Hard refresh (
F5) on the list page and the form page
- Deleted all browsing history, cookies etc (
delete...-> selected all)
- Renamed the form (this has no effect)
- Created a new form with the same content etc (SharePoint couldn't find the form)
This leads me to believe that all of my (old)
SiteAssets have not only been cached somewhere, but any new files added are not being found, which may suggest some sort of connection issue (I have tried all of the above both on my client machine and the server).
The last thing I want to try is restarting the server. I have been getting the pop-up asking me to restart (following an update I believe), but I have been postponing it as there are still users who need the site. I will restart tonight and post the results here.