This issue has been driving me crazy for a few days now:
Though it appears to not work if you simple hit "Cancel" or refresh the page the file shows in the library. So it's working, but there is never any indication to the end user the file has been successfully uploaded.
Another thing that is really throwing me is that this issue is not farm wide (or even web application wide for that matter). I can go to another library in another site collection (same web app and content DB) and it works just fine
Tests / Things I have checked
- Views - I have tried adding another view but same results
- Permissions - I have checked all the permissions and see nothing out of place. Have given the test account full control over the site collection and, via inheritance, the library. None of the libraries have custom permissions. Besides I would think if it was a permission's issue the upload would fail.
- Settings - I have compared settings between working and "problematic" libraries to verify the same settings.
- Verified there are not custom web parts applied to the library
- Tried the operation in Chrome, IE11, and Firefox all with the same results. Even tried IE's emulation mode (in 8, 9, and 10) all with no luck.
Logs The ULS logs oddly log the following error:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002), StackTrace:
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetFileOrFolderProperties(String strUrl, ListDocsFlags listDocsFlags, Boolean throwException, SPBasePermissions& permMask)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.PropertiesCore(Boolean throwException)
- SharePoint Server 2013 (On-Premise)
- Configuration database version: 15.0.4797.1000