I would like to create a page on our SharePoint site which displays a list of all users which have been recently added to the site.
This page will also have a few other bits, such as a new user's events calendar and maybe a discussion board.
My main goal though, is to create a list which will always contain all users which were recently added, and then display this list on the page (I am guessing this will be done as a web part).
This page had some useful information on how to access a list of all users, but I couldn't work out how to filter this into new users only and then add those users to a list.
Does anyone have any advice on how to achieve this, or whether it is even possible?
I have had a look at the "secret" user list which can be at
MySite/_catalogs/users/simple.aspx, but I am not sure how to manipulate this data, as it doesn't appear to be a normal list and I can't select
Edit Page on that view to investigate the List.
My current plan is as follows :
- Get all "new" users using the
- Add these users to an excel spreadsheet
- Use some more code to add the users in the spreadsheet to both a group (which I will grant permission to view the new user page), and a custom list
- This list will be displayed on the New Users page
- More code to remove and users which are now "old" from both the list, spreadsheet and permissions group
This is the only way I can think of doing this at the moment, and would really appreciate some feedback / suggestions on how this can best be achieved.