I am trying to create a workflow in SharePoint 2010 to send a notification to a person designated as a manager if an item in a list has not been modified within at least two days. I'm not exactly sure how to calculate the last modified date to find if the difference is 2 days or more. From searching I have found I can't use [Today] to calculate this. Is there another way to calculate the difference without using the [Today] column value?
Create a column called remainder in the list as calculated column and formula as Modified + 2
- Create a designer workflow to send a notification email
- In workflow settings click on chekc box start workflow automatically when an item is created
- condition if any value equals value For first value select workflow context and for field select Association:item start on creation
- next use pause condition pause until date (Current item: Reminder Date field)
- Condition: If current item field (Current item: Reminder Date) equals (is greater than or equals) value (Today)
- Log to workflow history. Try this approach.
My suggestion is to create a view instead that filters items that has not been modified in 2 days and the manager has to checking the page daily.