I had created a nice reusable 2010 workflow in SharePoint Designer. It operates on a content type. The workflow had some custom infopath forms included and a bunch of variables.
Recently I ran into the error where it says that
"SharePoint Designer encountered an error generating the task form".
No matter what I do: create a custom task process, approval or feedback process: I cannot publish the workflow anymore. Here is what I have done:
- Deleting the associated task list won't work.
- I have started from scratch and cannot publish a new workflow anymore either.
- Created a workflow on the list itself instead of content type: this doesn't work either.
- Tested an approval workflow on another list: same problem (see screenshot)
- I have tested a similar workflow in another site collection and this works without any problems.
How to solve this?