I have been assigned a task to work on document libraries. The requirements of the project want me to make a view of doclibs that shows the last 10 modified documents and that view should have a little button/widget to link to the folder showing view. How can I make such a button that would sit next to the sync feature of a document library?
The easy way to do that is by using JSLink and attach to the current view. In the js file that you are going to use in the JSLink, you can use jQuery and target the following
UL with this class
ms-qcb-zone ms-qcb-leftzone (This ul contains the New, Upload, Sync, etc) . You can add an
li at the end with the button you want with link to the view.
- Open site in designer
- Navigate to List and Libraries
- click on library name
- Right bottom - Custom actions - New
- Provide button name, description
- Provide url of your view in Navigate to URL
- Provide image url and sequesnce number as to where you want the ribbon button to be viewed.