I am a new SharePoint Admin working for the local county IT department. We would appreciate some guidance on architecting a comprehensive project management platform in SharePoint 2013 On-Premise.
- Strong need for content roll-up (aggregation) and relationships
- May have 500+ projects in the near future
Our steering committee members are in one of two camps:
Option 1 - One Site For All Projects
- The site contains a Project list. Each Project is an item in the list
- Other content, documents, list items are associated with individual projects with metadata
Option 2 - Subsites For Each Project
- Each Project has its own web
- Each Project web has its own lists and libraries for content
- To anyone with experience implementing such a system; is there advice you could offer?
- What are the recommended best practices when determining whether to use subsites or to keep everything in one web?
- If subsites are chosen, what pitfalls should we be aware of when managing potentially hundreds of subwebs?
- If a single site is chosen, what pitfalls should we be aware of when managing lists and libraries with potentially hundreds or maybe thousands of items?